Date: December 9, 2020
In celebration of the start of December and the festive season, Smart Works Edinburgh has launched our new social media campaign, The Outfit You Didn’t Get To Wear. We know that the festive season presents the perfect time to get dressed up and have some fun, even if it is in your front room, which is why we’re hosting this glamorous new campaign to get you into the party spirit, and raise vital funds for Smart Works Edinburgh.
At Smart Works, we strongly believe in the transformational power of clothes for women’s confidence not only in the workplace, but in daily life too. Thus, in appreciation of the power of clothes, we have launched this initiative.
We all have an outfit that we were looking forward to wearing for that all-important special event that was postponed this year. However, instead of letting them hang in our wardrobes, we’re asking you to style your Outfit You Didn’t Get To Wear, share it on your social media, tag five friends to challenge them to do the same and, if you’re able, make a small donation to Smart Works Edinburgh.
Besides the joy of getting to share your gorgeous outfits, we have partnered up with the glorious @sarahharanuk so that one lucky winner will receive one of her luxury leather bags!
So, if you want an excuse to put on your favourite outfit and support women into employment in the process, consider this your official invitation to join our The Outfit You Didn’t Get To Wear campaign!
Simply follow these steps to get involved:
- Get all dressed up in your gorgeous outfit and post a photo to Instagram or Facebook, and tell us a bit about the story behind it. Whether it is a gorgeous velvet top, some show-stopping sequined trousers, or a classic party dress, we want to see it, and know what makes it so special to you.
- Use the hashtag #theoutfityoudidntgettowear, and tag @smartworksedinburgh to help us find your photo.
- Tag five friends and challenge them to do the same.
- If you’re in a position to do so, please donate £5 to Smart Works Edinburgh via the charity’s JustGiving page. All proceeds go directly to Smart Works Edinburgh, enabling us to help even more women in Scotland to build their confidence and get the job they deserve.
- And that’s it! We will personally read all of your entries, and the five that really pull on our heartstrings will be in with the chance to receive a luxury leather bag from Sarah Haran. The lucky recipient will be chosen by public vote on our Instagram Stories.
However, if you don’t fancy sharing a photograph, there is no need to panic! You can still make a huge difference to Smart Works Edinburgh by making a donation here.